'MANCHESTER' by G. Pickering / T. Higham c.1829
An interesting and contrasting 19th century view of an industrial Manchester set within a scene of rustic tranquility which was drawn and engraved by G. Pickering and T. Higham, respectively, and published in John Roby's Traditions of Lancashire (London: Fisher & Son, 1829).
- This is an original steel engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 20.7cms by 14cms (including title but not imprint).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 175 years old.