'A MAP of NOTTINGHAMSHIRE from the best AUTHORITIES' by John Cary c.1806 (ex Camden's Britannia)
An attractive and detailed early 19th century map of Nottinghamshire which was engraved by the renowned John Cary and published in Richard Gough's new translation of Camden's Britannia (London: J. Stockdale, 1805/1806).
John Cary was arguably the best English map maker who ever lived as his maps were unsurpassed for their detail, accuracy and clarity. The maps he engraved for 'Camden's Britannia' were produced for a new translation of the work by Richard Gough and to replace the now worn Robert Morden plates.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with full original hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 34.6cms by 52.2cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.