'MIDLE-SEX' ('Miniature Speed' of Middlesex) c.1627-1646
An interesting and attractive early 17th century map of Middlesex which was based on the larger one done by John Speed (hence 'Miniature Speed'*), and published in England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland Described and Abridged... from a Farr Larger Voulume Done by John Speed (London: G. Humble, 1627-1646).
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 12.2cms by 8.5cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. There is some minor see through from the text on the reverse. Click on image for better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for Postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 350 years old
*Unlike many of the maps in the atlas, this was not engraved by Pieter Van Den Keere but is by an unknown (probably English) engraver.