Miniature Speed of 'HOLY ISLAND' 'GARNSEY' 'FARNE' 'JARSEY' c.1646
An attractive 17th century map of the islands of Lindisfarne (Holy Island), Guernsey, Farne and Jersey which appeared in England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland... from a Farr Larger Voulume Done by John Speed. (London: 1627-1676). Unlike many of the maps in the atlas, this was not engraved by Pieter Van Den Keere but by by an unknown (probably English) engraver based on the larger one by John Speed -- hence, 'Miniature Speed'.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 12.5cms by 8.5cms.
- The map is in very good condition with adequate margins.. Click on image for a better view
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for Postage costs
- Guaranteed to be over 300 years old