'Miniature Speed' of Huntingdonshire c.1627-1676
A charming 17th century county map of Huntingdonshire which appeared in the John Speed 'pocket atlas', England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland Described and Abridged... (London: Sudbury & Humble, 1627/1646). The atlas was based on the larger one done by John Speed in 1611/1612, hence the description, 'Miniature Speed'. Unlike most of maps in this atlas, the one of Huntingdonshire was not engraved by Pieter Van Den Keere but by an unknown (probably English) engraver.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area 12.5 cms by 8.5 cms.
- The map is in very good condition with adequate margins. Click on image for better view
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for Postage costs
- Guaranteed to be over 300 years old