'THE MONASTERY OF JARROW, OR GYRWI, DURHAM.' by F. Grose / Sparrow. c.1772 - 1787
A charming and attractive late 18th century view of the Monastery site and St. Paul's Church, Jarrow which was drawn by Francis Grose, engraved by Sparrow and published -- within a page of descriptive text -- in [Francis Grose's] The Antiquities of England & Wales (London: S. Hooper, 1772-1787).
- This is an original copperplate engraving with letterpress (which continues onto the reverse) + later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 15.4cms by 22.9cms (including text).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount (window mounted on both sides).
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.