'MOUTH OF THE RIVER RIVER TYNE WITH NORTH & SOUTH SHIELDS.' by J. Bartholomew c.1870
An interesting and detailed Victorian map of the River Tyne -- including North and South Shields -- which was drawn and engraved by John Bartholomew and published in John Marius Wilson's The Imperial Gazeteer of England and Wales (London & Edinburgh: A. Fullarton & co.,1865-1874).
- This is a 19th century lithographic transfer (from an engraved plate) with original outline colour.
- Printed area is approximately 22.6cms by 18cms (including imprint).
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 140 years old.