'New Map of the County of DERBYSHIRE; Divided into Hundreds' by William Ebden / James Duncan c.1833 / 1845
An interesting, finely engraved and detailed 19th century map of Derbyshire -- showing the changes made by the Great Reform Act of 1832 -- which was originally produced by William Ebden and then published in A Complete County Atlas of England & Wales (London: James Duncan, 1833-1845).
*The Great Reform Act of 1832, which brought about much needed electoral reform, was one of the most important pieces of legislation passed by Parliament in the 19th century. As well as increasing the electorate, the act removed many of the abuses that existed in the electoral system including the notorious 'rotten boroughs' which allowed M.P.s to be elected in constituencies where there were virtually no voters.
- This is an original steel engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 34.5cms by 44.5cms (including imprint).
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 170 years old.