'A New MAP of CUMBERLAND, Drawn from the best Authorities' by Thomas Kitchin c.1764
A finely engraved and attractive 18th Century map of Cumberland which appeared in Thomas Kitchin's England Illustrated (London: J. Dodsley, 1764/1765). Thomas Kitchin (1718-1784) was one of the most prolific and renowned cartographers of the time producing many fine atlases and maps.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with soft later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 19.6cms by 25.3cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount board.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 250 years old.