'A NEW MAP OF ENGLAND, FROM THE LATEST AUTHORITIES By JOHN CARY, Engraver.' c.1821
An attractive, detailed and finely engraved 19th century map of England and Wales which was produced and published by John Cary for his New English Atlas (London: J. Cary, 1821).
John Cary (c.1754-1835) was probably the best English map maker who ever lived as his maps were unsurpassed for their detail, accuracy and clarity. The maps he engraved for his 'New English Atlas' very much epitomised both his ability as a cartographer and master craftsman.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with original hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 52.5cms by 46.6cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins; centre fold, as issued. A few repaired edged tears well away from the printed area. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 195 years old.