'A NEW MAP of HUNTINGDONSHIRE, DIVIDED INTO HUNDREDS...' by John Cary c.1801/1809
An attractive and detailed early 19th century map of Huntingdonshire, engraved by the renowned John Cary, which appeared in his New English Atlas (London: 1809-1828).
John Cary (c.1754-1835) was arguably the best English map maker who ever lived as his maps were unsurpassed for their detail, accuracy and clarity. The maps he engraved for his 'New English Atlas' very much epitomised both his ability as a cartographer and master craftsman.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with original hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 48.1cms by 54.4cms.
- The map is in good condition with decent margins. There is a tear in the upper left which has entered the map border. The map is also slightly age toned. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.