'A NEW MAP OF PERSIA, FROM THE LATEST AUTHORITIES. By JOHN CARY. Engraver. 1821.'
A suberbly engraved, finely coloured and detailed early 19th century map of modern day Iran and Afghanistan which was published in John Cary's New Universal Atlas (London: J. Cary, 1821/1824).
John Cary (c.1754-1835) was perhaps the greatest English map maker who ever lived as his maps were unsurpassed for there detail, accuracy, clarity and craftsmanship. His magnificent output of maps, including those from the ' New Universal Atlas', set a standard for other cartographers to follow and helped establish Britain as the world leader in early 19th century map making.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with original hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 51.6cms by 46.2cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 190 years old.