'A NEW MAP OF SUFFOLK DIVIDED INTO ITS HUNDREDS ... By JOHN CARY Engraver' c.1807 [1809 or later]]
An attractive and detailed early 19th century map of Suffolk, engraved by the renowned John Cary, which appeared in his New English Atlas (London: 1809-1820).
John Cary (c.1754-1835) was probably the best English map maker who ever lived as his maps were unsurpassed for their detail, accuracy and clarity. The maps he engraved for his 'New English Atlas' very much epitomised both his ability as a cartographer and master craftsman.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with original hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 54.4cms by 48.3cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.