'THE NEW, OR, WATER TOWER, CHESTER.' by B. Godfrey / F. Grose c.1775 - 1787
A charming and attractive late 18th century view of the Water Tower, Chester which was engraved by B. Godfrey and published (within a page of descriptive text) in Francis Grose's The Antiquities of England & Wales (London: S. Hooper, 1772-1787).
- This is an original copperplate engraving with letterpress (which continues onto the reverse) + later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 16.2cms by 21.5cms (including text).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount (window mounted on both sides).
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.