'NEW SOUTH WALES.' (Australia) by John Tallis / J. Rapkin c.1851
A highly decorative and detailed mid 19th century map of New South Wales which was drawn and engraved by J. Rapkin (vignettes by H. Warren & J. Rogers) and published in John Tallis's Illustrated Atlas (London & New York: John Tallis & co, c.1851).
The Illustrated Atlas, published from 1849 to 1853, was the last decorative world atlas. The 'New South Wales' map was typical of the many fine ones which appeared in this work with its decorative border and attractive vignettes. Illustrated are views of Sydney, the Murray River and one of a Xanthorrhoea.
- This is an original steel engraving with original hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 24.9cms by 34.1cms.
- The map is in very good condition with adequate margins. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 155 years old.