'NEWNHAM COLLEGE, GATEWAY.' by W. Matthison c.1922
An attractive early 20th century process print of Newnham College, Cambridge which was taken from a watercolour by William Matthison and published in M. A. R. Tuker's Cambridge (London: A. & C. Black Ltd, 1907-1922).
William Matthison (1853-1926), born in Harborne near Birmingham, was a noted Victorian / Edwardian artist. After having studied at the Birmingham Central School of Art, he became a professional artist in 1875. His artistic style became particularly popular during the Edwardian period, especially with the growth of the picture postcard industry.
- This is an original early 20th century process print.
- Printed area is approximately 14cms by 10.6cms.
- The item is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 95 years old.