'NORTH AMERICA, Drawn from the latest and best Authorities' by T. Kitchin / W. Guthrie c.1770-1790
An attractive and detailed late 18th century map of North America which was engraved by Thomas Kitchin and published in William Guthrie's A New Geographical, Historical and Commercial Grammar (London: 1770-1790). Thomas Kitchin (1718-1784) was one of the most prolific and renowned cartographers of the time producing many fine atlases and maps.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with original hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 36.5cms by 34.5cms.
- The map is in very good condition with adequate margins; vertical and horizontal folds, as issued (folding map). There is a repaired tear and repaired fold split in the right margin and top margin, respectively; interestingly these are old repairs as the have been stitched! There are also a few minor stains. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.