'NORWICH CATHEDRAL North East View.' by J. Salmon / W. French / H. & B. Winkles c.1836-1842
A finely engraved and attractive 19th century view of Norwich Cathedral (North East View) that appeared in [Henry] & [Benjamin] Winkles's Architectural and Picturesque Illustrations of the Cathedral Churches of England and Wales (London: 1836-1842). This work was highly influential at that time, helping to inspire the revival of Gothic architecture in 19th century Britain.
- This is an original steel engraving with later hand colour
- Printed area is approximately 10.4cms by 16.7cms (including titles)
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on Delivery Policy for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 170 years old.