'NOVA SCOTIA AND NEWFOUNDLAND' by John Tallis / J. Rapkin c.1851
A decorative and detailed mid 19th century map of Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and the Prince Edward Islands* which was drawn and engraved by J. Rapkin (vignettes by A. Fussell and J. Rogers) and published in John Tallis's Illustrated Atlas (London & New York: John Tallis & co, 1849-1853).
The Illustrated Atlas, published from 1849 onwards, was the last decorative world atlas. The 'Nova Scotia and Newfoundland' map was typical of the many fine ones which appeared in this work with its decorative border and attractive vignettes. Illustrated are views of Halifax, Nova Scotia and a cod fishery off Newfoundland.
- This is an original steel engraving with original hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 32.5cms by 26.1cms (not including imprint).
- The map is in very good condition. The top and bottom margins are narrow, as issued. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 155 years old.