'THE PEAK CAVERN, Derbyshire.' by E. Dayes / J. Smith c.1803
An interesting early 19th century interior view from the Peak Cavern (or 'Devil's Arse'), near Castleton, Derbyshire which was drawn and engraved by E. Dayes and J. Smith, respectively, and published in John Britton and Edward Brayley's The Beauties of England and Wales (London: Vernor and Hood, 1801-1815).
- This is an original copperplate engraving with fine later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 15.1cms by 11.3cms (including imprint).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.