'PENSHURST' (Kent) by J. Hawksworth and J. Grieg c.1810
An attractive early 19th century view of Penshurst Place, near Tonbridge, Kent which was drawn and engraved by J. Hawksworth and J. Grieg, respectively, and published in John Britton and Edward Brayley's The Beauties of England and Wales (London: Vernor and Hood, 1801-1815).
Despite what is stated in the title, Penshurst is in Kent, not Sussex.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with fine later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 15.4cms by 11.4cms (including title & imprint).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.