'PETERBOROUGH CATHEDRAL. THE LADY CHAPEL' by H. Browne / B. Winkles c.1836
An interesting and attractive 19th century view of The Lady Chapel, Peterborough Cathedral, Cambridgeshire (formerly Northamptonshire) which was drawn and engraved by Hablot Browne and B. Winkles, respectively, and published in [Henry] Winkles's Architectural and Picturesque Illustrations of the Cathedral Churches of England and Wales (London: 1836). This work was highly influential in helping to inspire the revival of Gothic architecture in 19th century Britain.
- This is an original steel engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 10.3cms by 15.8cms (including imprint & title).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 170 years old.