'PETERBOROUGH' / 'NORTHAMPTON' by R. Creighton / J. & C. Walker c.1835
An Interesting pair of 19th century town plans of Peterborough and Northampton which were drawn and engraved by R. Creighton and J. & C. Walker, respectively and published in Samuel Lewis's Representative History of England (London: S. Lewis & co.,1835). The plans were produced in the wake of the 'Great Reform Act' of 1832 and shows the changes to the parliamentary boundaries.
- This is an original steel engraving with original hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 18.5cms by 25.2cms (including explanation).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 175 years old.