'PICTURESQUE VIEWS OF THE CITIES OF ENGLAND' [Title Page] by H. Ansted / J. Britton / W. Woolnoth c.1828
The very attractive 'architectural & heraldic title page' for G. F. Robson's 'Picturesque Views of the Cities of England' (London: John Britton, 1828) which was drawn, designed and engraved by H. Ansted, J. Britton and W. Woolnoth, respectively ('effect' by P. Williams).
The title page has views of Canterbury, York, Salisbury, Lichfield, Durham and Exeter Cathedral which are contained within a detailed Gothic surround with the various armorial bearings of all the Cathedrals of England & Wales.
- This is an original steel engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 17.7cms by 25cms (including title & imprint).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 175 years old.