Plate 78: 'The Road from NOTTINGHAM to GRIMSBY' (via Newark & Lincoln) by Thomas Gardner c.1719
A interesting and rare early 18th century road map showing the route from Nottingham to Grimsby via East Stoke, Newark, Lincoln and Market Rasen (modern day A46) which was published in Thomas Gardner's A Pocket-Guide To The English Traveller (London: J. Tonson & J. Watts, 1719)
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 26.5cms by 19.6cms.
- The map is in very good condition with adequate margins. Click on image for better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for Postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 290 years old.
*The modern day A46 or old Fosse Way.