Full Title: ‘An Improved MAP of LEICESTER-SHIRE, containing the Borough & Market Towns, with those adjoyning; also, its Principal Roads and Rivers. by J. Cowley Geographer to his MAJESTY’
A rare and attractive 18th Century map of Leicestershire which first appeared in John Cowley’s The Geography of England (London: R. Dodsley, 1741-1744), and then, A New Sett of Pocket Mapps of all the Counties (London: R. Dodsley & M. Cooper, 1745).
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 18.1cms by 13.1cms.
- The map is in very good condition with adequate margins; vertical fold, as issued. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 275 years old.