An interesting and attractive 17th century map of Buckinghamshire which appeared in England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland… from a Farr Larger Voulume Done by John Speed. (London: 1627-1676). The map was part of a pocket atlas produced to accompany the larger one done by the renowned John Speed; hence, ‘Miniature Speed’*.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 11.9cms by 8.4cms.
- The map is in very good condition with adequate margins. Click on image for a better view
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for Postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 300 years old.
*Unlike many of the maps in the atlas, this one wasn’t engraved by Pieter Van Den Keere but by by an unknown (probably English) engraver.