A very attractive map of Cambridgeshire* which was originallyproduced by Robert Morden in 1695 and published in Camden’s Britannia between (London:1695-1772). Bishop Gibson described the maps from this series as “much the fairest and most correct of any that have yet appeared”. The maps are also notable for using up to three different mileage scales, none of which are based on the statute mile!
*This particular example would have been published between 1722 and 1772.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 35.5cms by 42cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be at least 240 years old.