An interesting and attractive late 17th century map of the West Riding of Yorkshire by Robert Morden which appeared in Camden’s Britannia (London: Swale, Awnshaw & Churchill, 1695). Bishop Gibson described the maps from this series as “much the fairest and most correct of any that have yet appeared”. The maps are also notable for using up to three different mileage scales, none of which are based on the statute mile!
- This is an original copperplate engraving with rare original hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 41.4cms by 35.5cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins; there are a couple of minor printers’ creases. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be at least 300 years old.