'RAVENSWORTH CASTLE, DURHAM.' by T. Allom / Wm. Le Petit c.1834
A finely engraved and attractive early 19th century view of Ravensworth Castle, Tyne & Wear (formerly Durham) which was drawn and engraved by Thomas Allom and William Le Petit, respectively, and published in The Northern Tourist (London: H. Fisher, R. Fisher & P. Jackson,1834). A building is now a ruin and a scheduled ancient monument.
- This is an original steel engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 15.5cms by 10.6cms (including title).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 180 years old.