The Road from LONDON to Abingdon (via Maidenhead & Henley) by Thomas Kitchin c.1769
Actual Title: 'The Road from LONDON to St DAVIDS in Com Pembroke Containing 269 Miles 4 Furlongs'
An attractive and uncommon 18th century road strip map showing the route from London to Abingdon -- via Brentford, Thistleworth, Hounslow, Colnbrook, Maidenhead, Henley-on-Thames, Nettlebed and Dorchester -- which was produced by Thomas Kitchin and published in The London Magazine (London: 1767-1769). Thomas Kitchin was one of the most renowned and prolific British map makers of the period producing many fine works.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 18.8cms by 10.4cms.
- The map is in very good condition with adequate margins. Click on image for better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for Postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be at least 240 years old.