'ROUGEMONT CASTLE, EXETER, DEVONSHIRE.' by F. Grose / Sparrow. c.1772 - 1787
A charming and attractive late 18th century view of Rougemont Castle, Exeter, Devon which was drawn by Francis Grose, engraved by Sparrow and published, within a page of descriptive text, in [Francis Grose's] The Antiquities of England & Wales (London: S. Hooper, 1772-1787).
- This is an original copperplate engraving with letterpress (which continues onto the reverse) + later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 15.8cms by 21.2cms (including text).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount (window mounted on both sides).
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.