'RUSSIA IN ASIA' by John Tallis / J. Rapkin c.1851
A decorative and detailed mid 19th century map of 'Russia in Asia' which was drawn and engraved by John Rapkin (vignettes by H. Warren & J. H. Kernot) and published in John Tallis & co.'s The Illustrated Atlas (London & New York: c.1851).
The Illustrated Atlas, published from 1849 onwards, was the last decorative world atlas. The 'Russia in Asia' map was typical of the many fine ones which appeared in this work with its ornamental border and attractive vignettes. Illustrated are views of Troitsk, Skorskarskoi Pagost, Kamchatkan dogs and two men fighting a bear.
- This is an original steel engraving with original hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 32.6cms by 25.5cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 160 years old.