'RUTLAND SHIRE' by Thomas Kitchin (ex London Magazine) c.1751
An attractiveand finely engraved 18th Century map of Rutland, by Thomas Kitchin, which appeared in the London Magazine (London: R. Baldwin, Volume 20, 1751). Thomas Kitchin (1718-1784) was one of the leading map makers of the period producing many fine maps and atlases.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 21.5cms by 17.5cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins; issued as a folding map hence the three vertical folds. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 250 years old.