'RUTLAND SHIRE' by Thomas Read (John Rocque) c.1769
A charming and detailed mid 18th century map of the county of Rutland which was published in P. Russell's England Displayed* (London: 1769)
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- The approximate size of the printed area is 19.2cms by 15.7cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 240 years old.
*The maps from this publication are often attributed to John Rocque, an eminent Georgian cartographer of Huguenot descent; in reality, he was only a former publisher. Thomas Read, the original printer, was the main force in their production.