'SOMERSETSHIRE' by A. Fullarton & co. / Gray & Son c.1833-1843
An attractive and detailed 19th century map of Somerset which was drawn and engraved by Gray & Son and published by Archibald Fullarton & co. in James Bell's The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales (London, Edinburgh & Glasgow: 1833-1843). A feature of county maps of this period was the inclusion of the newly constructed (or proposed) railway lines.
- This is an original steel engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 24.5cms by 19.5cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins; vertical folds, as issued. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 175 years old.