'SOUTH AMERICA.' by Fullarton & Co. / Gray & Son c.1840
An attractive and detailed 19th century map of South America, with a decorative inset view of Chimborazo from the Tapia Plain, which was engraved by Gray & Son and published in James Bell's A System of Geography (Glasgow: Fullarton & co., c.1830-1846).
- This is an original steel engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 20.3cms by 26cms (including imprint).
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins; verical folds, as issued. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 175 years old.