'ST. AUGUSTINE'S HOSPITAL, SHERBORNE, Dorsetshire.' (St. John's Almshouse) by J. Buckler / W. & G. Cooke c.1803
A finely engraved and attractive early 19th century view of St. John's* Almshouse in Sherborne, Dorset (as seen from Trendle Street) which appeared in John Britton's The Beauties of England and Wales (London: Vernor and Hood, 1801-1815).
*(The Almhouse at one time was run by the Augustinian order, hence the 'St. Augustine' in the title.)
- This is an original copperplate engraving with fine later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 14.7cms by 10.9cms (including title).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.