'ST. JOHN'S COLLEGE FROM THE RIVER' by 'The Graphic' c.1887
An interesting late 19th century wood engraved view of St. John's College, Cambridge, as seen from the Cam, which was published in The Graphic (October 8, 1887) .
First published by William Luson Thomas in December 1869, 'The Graphic' was a popular illustrated newspaper that rivaled 'The Illustrated London News'. Its influence on the art world, in particular, was immense, attracting such admirers as Vincent Van Gogh and Hubert von Herkomer.
- This is an original wood engraving with later hand colour
- Printed area is approximately 22.6cms by 11.2cms (including titles)
- The engraving is in very good condition with adequate margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 125 years old.