'ST. NICHOLAS CHURCH AND THE ABBEY GATEWAY.' (Abingdon) by H. Neil / J. C. Smith c.1805 / 1826
An attractive early 19th century view of St. Nicholas Church and the Abbey Gateway at Abingdon, Oxfordshire (formally Berkshire) which was drawn and engraved by H. Neil and J. C. Smith, respectively, and published in John Britton's Architectural Antiquities of Great Britain (London: Longman & J. Taylor; 1807-1826).
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 19.5cms by 16cms (including title & imprint).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 190 years old.