'STAFFORD SHIRE' by Robert Morden / Sutton Nicholls c.1722-1772
An attractive and detailed map of Staffordshire, first published in 1695, which was produced by Robert Morden (engraver: Sutton Nicholls) for Camden's Britannia (London: 1695-1772). Bishop Gibson described the maps from this series as "much the fairest and most correct of any that have yet appeared". The maps are also notable for using up to three different mileage scales, none of which are based on the statute mile!
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 36.8cms by 43.3cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be at least 245 years old.