'STICKLE TARN, LANGDALE PIKES, FROM PAVEY ARK, WESTMORLAND.' by T. Allom / Wm. Le Petit c.1834
A finely engraved and attractive early 19th century picturesque view of Sticken Tarn and the Langdale Pikes, Cumbria (formerly Westmorland) which was drawn and engraved by Thomas Allom and William Le Petit, respectively, and published in The Northern Tourist (London: H. Fisher, R. Fisher & P. Jackson,1834).
(Please note the ripple / rainbow effect in the image is due to the scanner)
- This is an original steel engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 15.4cms by 10.5cms (including title).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 180 years old.