'STOCK-GILL [Stock Ghyll] FORCE, WESTMORLAND.' by T. Allom / Wm. Le Petit c.1834
A finely engraved and attractive early 19th century picturesque view of Stock Ghyll Force, near Ambleside, Cumbria (formerly Westmorland) which was drawn and engraved by Thomas Allom and William Le Petit, respectively, and published in The Northern Tourist (London: H. Fisher, R. Fisher & P. Jackson,1834).
- This is an original steel engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 9.8cms by 15.7cms (including title).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 180 years old.