'SUFFOLCK' (Suffolk) by Pieter Van Den Keere ('Miniature Speed') c.1646
An interesting and attractive 17th Century miniature map of Suffolk which was published in England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland Described and Abridged... from a Farr Larger Voulume Done by John Speed (London: G. Humble, 1627-1676). This map was from a series engraved in Amsterdam between 1599 and 1605 by the renowned Dutch engraver, Pieter Van Den Keere (Latin name: Petrus Kaerius). The plates were then purchased in c.1619 by John Speed's publisher, George Humble, who issued them as part of a 'pocket atlas' to accompany the larger Speed maps, hence 'Miniature Speed'.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 12.5cms by 8.5cms.
- The map is in very good condition with adequate margins. Click on image for better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for Postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 350 years old.