'THE TERCENTENARY OF UPPINGHAM SCHOOL' by 'The Graphic' c.1884
An interesting late 19th century wood engraving from The Graphic (July 5th, 1884) showing various views of Uppingham School, Rutland during its tercentenary.
First published by William Luson Thomas in December 1869, 'The Graphic' was a popular illustrated newspaper which rivaled 'The Illustrated London News'. Its influence on the art world, in particular, was immense, attracting such admirers as Vincent Van Gogh and Hubert von Herkomer.
- This is an original wood engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 22.8cms by 21.8cms (including title).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 130 years old.