The Thrift Flower Fairy
The Thrift Flower Fairy from Cicely Mary Barker's 'A Flower Fairy Alphabet' (London & Glasgow: Blackie & Son, 1934).
Cicely Mary Barker (1895-1973) illustrated and published a total of 168 Flower Fairies between 1923 and 1948. The flower for each Fairy is botanically accurate whilst the Fairies themselves were based mainly on the various children who attended the Kindergarten run by Cicely's Sister, Dorothy. Each Fairy is imaginatively shown dressed in a garment based on the flower they are representing.
- First published in 1934, this is a genuine vintage flower fairy print.
- The item is in very good condition.
- The approximate size of the print is 3" by 4¼" (7.5 by 11 cms).
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame 9" x 7" ivory acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- A 'Certificate of Guarantee' is included.