'TYNEMOUTH PRIORY & CASTLE, NORTHUMBERLAND.' by T. Allom / R. Sands c.1834
A finely engraved and attractive early 19th century view of Tynemouth Castle and Priory, Tyne & Wear (formerly Northumberland) which was drawn and engraved by Thomas Allom and R. Sands, respectively, and published in The Northern Tourist (London: H. Fisher, R. Fisher & P. Jackson,1834).
(Please note the ripple / rainbow effect in the image is due to the scanner).
- This is an original steel engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 9.7cms by 15.4cms (including title).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 180 years old.