'WARWICK SHIRE By Robt. Morden' c.1695 (First Edition / Original Hand Colour)
An interesting and attractive 17th century map of Warwickshire which was produced by Robert Morden for Camden's Britannia (London: Swale, Awnshaw & Churchill, 1695 - 1772). Bishop Gibson described the maps from this series as "much the fairest and most correct of any that have yet appeared". The maps are also notable for using up to three different mileage scales, none of which are based on the statute mile!
- This is an original copperplate engraving with original hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 42.4cms by 36.4cms.
- The map is in very good condition with adequate margins. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 240 years old.