'WARWICKE SHIRE' ('Miniature Speed') c.1646-1676
A charming early 17th century county map of Warwickshire which appeared in a pocket atlas entitled England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland Described and Abridged... from a Farr Larger Voulume Done by John Speed (London: G. Humble, 1627-1676). Unlike many of the maps in the atlas, this was not engraved by Pieter Van Den Keere but by by an unknown (probably English) engraver who based it on the larger one done by John Speed in c.1610 -- hence, 'Miniature Speed'.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 11.8cms by 8.7cms.
- The map is in very good condition. The bottom margin is close but still mountable. Click on image for better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 330 years old.