'THE WATER-GATES, LENDAL BRIDGE' (Lendel Tower, York) by E. W. Haslehust R.B.A. 1910 /1940
A very attractive early 20th century view Lendal Bridge, York which was originally painted by Ernest W. Haslehust R.B.A. (in circa 1910) and published in George Benson's York (London & Glasgow: Blackie & Son, c.1940s). Part of the Beautiful England series.
Ernest William Haslehust (1866 - 1949) was a noted and prolific landscape artist and book illustrator in watercolour. Born in Walthamstow, Essex, he studied at the Slade School of Fine Art in London under the tutelage of Alphonse Legros. He was a member of the Royal Institute of Painters in Water Colours (RI), Royal Society of British Artists (RBA), the Royal West of England Academy (RWA) and Royal British Colonial Society of Artists (RBC) and was a regular exhibitor at many venues including the Royal Academy. He designed posters for the LNER and LNS railway companies, and his work appeared in many popular magazines including the Illustrated London News and Tatler. He is best remembered for his book illustrations including those which appeared in the 36 volume "Beautiful England" series.
- This is an original 1940s process print.
- Printed area is approximately 11.1cms by 17.2cms (including title).
- The print is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 70 years old.